Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lamp Shade Sizes Available

These are the Lamp shade sizes that are available for order in my Etsy store....

I have made all different styles and types of lamp shades, but I generally sale drum lamp shades.  I hand make all of my lamp shades.  A drum lamp shade is known as a shade that has the same size top ring as it does bottom ring.  This shade is made with a 90 degree angle.  Straight size and typically looks like a drum, hence the name.  These shades go with any decor from modern to traditional.  I love the style of the drum lamp shade and how depending on the material that you put on it you can transform it into any design style you want.  The drum lamp shade is extremely popular in the larger sizes right now, but are also popular in even the smaller chandelier or sconce shades.  When I speak of the sizes of my shades (below) I am talking about the size of the diameter in inches.  The diameter is a straight line that passes through the center of the circle.  The size of the height can be up to you if you want to set up a custom order.  If you are looking at the sizes that are in my store it is always written as diameter in inches by height in inches.

The following sizes are available with attached bulb or candelabra clips:

  • 4" size with a torpedo clip for candelabra bulbs
  • 5" with a regular bulb clip attached
  • 7" with a regular bulb clip attached
  • 8" with a regular bulb clip attached
The following sizes are available with a spider top (a separate candelabra clip or bulb clip with finial can be attached to any of these sizes.... I sale these separately in my store.  Just message for me in my Etsy store,  and I will add one to your order.)

  • 5" through 17"  in diameter (with any height you can dream up)
I can also make sizes of as large as....

  • 18"" through 24" in diameter.... these shades should not be used with a bulb clip because of how large they are.  These sizes will require a harp and finial.  I also sale these separately in my store.  For more information on fitting these shades on a harp, please take a look at my posting here on this blog on Lamp Shade 101.
  • Any of these shades can be used as a pendant light with a hardwired pendant light or plug in style pendant light.  I also sale these in my store.  I will be writing a blog soon on the types of pendant lights I have available, and general information on each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment